Tax ID Number

Now that you have organized and you will have dues coming in, you will need to deposit the club’s money in a bank or a credit union of the Club’s choice.  The Treasurer shall check into area banks and bring the information back to the Executive Board.  Before the club can open the account at the bank or credit union, the club must have it’s own tax identification number.  The Treasurer should go to the Internal Revenue Service on Delaware Avenue and apply for the tax identification number under the Club’s name, you will ask for form SS4 or you could call the IRS and ask them to send you a form.  The Treasurer will fill in the application and write your Club’s tax identification number at the top of the sheet.  This is done as you may receive your number in writing.  If you choose to do this by phone, your Club’s number will be mailed to you in about 6 weeks.  Be sure to have the correct mailing address